The Route

The goal is to travel from Dunkerque to Perpignan by bicycle. I will be couchsurfing the whole way; for more information on the couchsurfing project, visit the couchsurfing website, or view my couchsurfing profile.

10 juin

Adriane has left me! Now I have entered Burgundy: famous for mustard, gingerbread, and of course wine. Miles of vineyards are broken up by dense villages - clusters of wine producing estates. The roads are speckled with signs advertising the local wines, to taste and to buy. My host Katherine is out of town, but has arranged for me to stay in a dormitory for vineyard workers - empty now in the off season. I have not seen many tourists on my trip, but Beaune is thick with them, touring the town in large groups, visiting the wine caves, and buying glacés at the many little cafés.

Picture: wine bottles in one of the Burgundy caves.

No comments: